There are little things to do throughout your day that can boost your burning potential. Take these tips from Health Magazine to pack in some extra calorie burning punch.
1. Rise and sweat. If you know you have limited amount of time in morning, set your alarm to wake you up 15 minutes early. By doing some type of physical activity when you first wake up you will kick start your metabolism for the day.
2. Do the 1 times 10 trick. Try to find 10 opportunities throughout your day to raise your heart rate for 1 minute. Climb the stairs, do squats on the way to the bathroom, or try doing squats at the top of each hour. The added oxygen will help keep your alert and activate your heart and lungs.
3. Hit the floor. Seat yourself on the ground when you watch t.v. When you sit with less support your muscles have to work harder to keep you up.
4. Stop multitasking. Carry in groceries one bag at a time. Make multiple trips up the stairs. An activity that might take two minutes if you hurry can be extended to 10 and some additional heart healthy cardio.
5. Swap a large water bottle for a smaller one. Using a smaller water bottle will force you to get up more often and fill it. You will likely drink more water this way, plus you are moving around more frequently.