Go Green, Get Active
Each summer, hundreds of people in Jackson are walking, biking and riding transit to get to work or other destinations. Smart Commute allows you to track your own progress or area businesses can sign up for our Corporate Challenge for a little friendly competition.
Smart Commute 2014 kicks off Friday, May 16th
- May 16th – Morning Meet-ups, Rally Ride & Meet the Bus
- June 20th – Paddle to Work
- RESCHEDULED June 27th – The Downtown Dog Walk
- July 18th – Falling Water Trail Ride & the High Heel Bike Ride
- August 15th – A City Tour & the Smart Commute Awards
Step by Step Walks – May 29th, June 10th, July 22nd, August 5th. Participants will meet at 12:30pm on the above days at One Jackson Square and the walk will start at 12:35pm.
Flagstar Bank Walks – May 21st, June 18th, July 16th, August 13th. Participants will meet in front of Flagstar bank on the corner of Michigan and Blackstone at 12:30pm. The walk will start at 12:35pm and will end at 1pm.
Click on the FOR COMMUTERS tab to learn more about registering for the program or click on the CORPORATE CHALLENGE tab to learn more about our friendly corporate challenge.
As if arriving to your destination alert, energized, and ready for your day was not enough, wearing your Smart Commute t-shirt on the third Friday of every month (May through August) will earn you deals around town:
- 10% off bike accessories and parts at P&T Fitness
- 10% off at Walt’s Health Food & Specialty store
- Ride the city bus for free